Saturday, August 27, 2011

My Fall Wish List

Suede boots, leather jackets, and thick, cozy sweaters have been appearing in my dreams lately. So I think now is the perfect time to start my fall wish list. These are just some of the items that I have had my eye on lately. Happy fall yall!

Talbots
Yes, this used to be your mother's favorite clothing store, but here lately, I have been super impressed with their clothing. Maybe I am just getting old, but I have found myself in Talbots more than The Limited.

This will be a perfect addition to my dress collection:

H&M
My life changed the day Raleigh opened its H&M store. If only not every other person in town had the same plan for their weekend shopping, too. I have realized that late Tuesday afternoons after work are the best time to beat the crowds. How amazing is this top, and only $10 to boot.
JCrew
Yes, this color can be scary, but the things you can do with this blazer are endless. Pair it with skinny jeans, a printed shell and heels, or gray dress pants for work, or over a cute, fall dress. This also comes in numerous color options if bold yellow mustard isn't your thing :)

And you cannot go wrong with argyle, also from JCrew.
Nordstrom
I will never forget my 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Adair, who used to wear the most beautiful, red cape during the winter. She was always so classic and sophisticated. Fast forward twenty years, capes are coming back and are so chic right now. I think one for fancy nights and one for day-to-day would be ideal. We all need a little more action hero inspiration in our lives, right ?


Lauren by Ralph Lauren Cape

 

Boots are my weakness, and a major weakness at that. I am in the hunt for flat black riding boots and I have fallen hard for the details on this pair:
 
And these lady-like oxfords with a heels will be ideal for work: 
 
I could blow my budget with Tori each month and her fall 2011 collection doesn't disappoint. This cross-body leather handbag has my name written all over it. 


The classic boyfriend cardigan with clean color blocking that will most likely be my Saturday staple and a great addition to my weekend wardrobe.

I am slightly obsessed with Pippa Middleton. Yes, her sister married a prince, but I thought Pippa stole the show during the royal wedding in April. Her style is impeccable, and she has been spotted in the gossip mags wearing this amazing leather jacket:
This is the closest thing I can find to something similar, which is also found at Anthropology. I will be saving my pennies for this one, and will be brown-bagging my lunch until I can get ahold of this beauty:

3 comments:

  1. girlfriend! I didn't realize I was not following your blog!Love your list way better than mine! get excited, I ordered the TB flats. You sold me. miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the list! Hey - are you on Pinterest?? I think you'd like it. If you need an invite, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, you will love your flats. Tell the hubs they are a key investment piece! :)

    Tracy, I would love an invite! Thanks girl.

    ReplyDelete