Friday, March 25, 2011

Oh Baby! My Favorite Gifts to the Mom-to-Be

Is it just me, or is the baby bump the latest fashion accessory? I swear every time I look, one of my friends is preggo, so I have spent lots of time scouting out the perfect gift for their bundle of joy. With online retailers such as Etsy, OnesKingLane and Pottery Barn Kids, shopping for the mom-to-be has not been easier. This is a list of my recent favorites.

Land's End Monogrammed Tote
What Mom doesn't need a big canvas bag to stuff all of the baby clothes, diapers, bottles and toys for the daycare, beach, or roadtrip to Grandma's, etc? If you are a friend of mine, and have had a baby in the past year, there is a 90 percent chance that you have received this as a gift from me. What I love about this tote bag is that it comes in three sizes, tons of colors and can be easily monogrammed. Your baby will be styling :).

Kelly's Kids Baby Clothing
My mom has been selling Kelly's Kids for over 15 years. To provide a funny visual, I was the 9 yr old in a gingham jumper with my name on it, and my little sisters (7 years younger might I add) had outfits that matched mine. Seriously though, this company has huge staying power and continues to produce some of the cutest children clothing of all time. My mom cannot wait until the day I have a baby, and I can promise you it will be clothed in Kelly Kids from day one. Since I have been wearing everything from dresses to sweatshirts with my name or monogram since birth, I clearly am a huge fan of these:

My mom always gives monogrammed beach towels, which I think is also a great gift, as your friend's child can use it forever. I still have my Kelly's Kids towel that my mom got for me in the 4th grade. Now that is durability.

Etsy

Even though this site can be overwhelming, I have found the most precious gifts for my dear friends and their newborns.

For soft blankets and burp cloths at Little B Designs:

Or cute little onesies like this from Muchilunga:

Lastly, adorable cards like these from GraiceGirlNotes:

One of my best friends, Stephanie Sabbe, is about to give birth to her first child. I cannot wait to meet him! Check out her blog to see some of the most crafty things she has created for her baby boy. She has even made her sweet little boy's "coming home" outfit. She is a truly gifted designer.

Speaking of, I have other friends that are extremely creative and have their own business or have published their books. Check out Casey Shuler Tidwell's adorable website and children's book, Say What?, which is a keepsake journal for writing down the priceless quotes a child says. This makes the perfect baby gift!

2 comments:

  1. Those little clothes are so cute!!! Almost want a kid just for the shopping fun. Almost.
    I think there are some great books for gifts, too. I like to give (to Mom's with a fairy wry sense of humor!) "Sippy Cups are not for Chardonay". Or there's a serious of picture books for babies such as "Baby, fix me a drink" - it shows toddlers how to prepare a perfect cocktail (Ok, it's not supposed to ever wind up in the hands of the little one, but it will make you laugh!). The last one, that I think you CAN give the child, is "Baby's First Sushi Book" - a picture book of sushi..just to get them started on the right culinary foot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great book ideas! Love Sippy Cups are not for Chardonay! :)

    ReplyDelete